Termatrac Australia PTY LTD (ABN 75 110 872 065) Trading as Termatrac is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation, such as the Spam Act, the Do Not Call Register Act, and health privacy legislation.
WHAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT
The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
- Collection of personal information through websites and Apps.
- Why we collect personal information.
The main purposes, for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- Processing transactions online, and delivering products and services
- Promoting Termatrac and its products and services, including through direct marketing, events, and competitions, public relations and social media
- Performing research and statistical analysis, including for customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes. This may include matching information we collect against other information held by third parties. (We may also use and disclose de-identified data for these purposes)
- Helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers, and to help us selectively target promotional offers and opportunities
- Developing or seeking to deliver new ranges of products or services
- Protecting the security of our staff, customers, suppliers, and merchandise (including theft and fraud prevention)
- Answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media
- Recruiting staff and contractors
- General planning and administration
We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under the law, and for which you have provided consent.
- Direct marketing and opting out.
By providing your address, email address and telephone numbers to Termatrac, you consent to Termatrac contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS, telephone and if you download them any Termatrac Apps. You can opt out of being contacted by:
- Using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages (e.g. email, SMS or MMS) to opt out of receiving those messages.
- Contacting our Head Office at email@example.com
- Advising us if you receive a marketing call or email that you no longer wish to receive these calls or emails; or
You can opt out of receiving notifications via any Termatrac Apps if you turn off Push Notifications in the settings.
- Email and mobile communication.
If you provide us with an email address or phone number, you consent to electronic communication such as notices or reminders being sent to you via that address or number. You may prefer to provide to us with your personal email address or phone number rather than, for example, an email address accessible by your work colleagues.
- Who we may share your personal information with.
We engage a range of third parties to provide services and perform business support functions for us. Some of those third parties need access to Personal Information in order to provide the services or perform the functions we require. Therefore, we may disclose your information to these third parties to:
(a) Assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
(b) Conduct market research and marketing strategy analysis; and
(c) Manage or develop our business and corporate strategies and functions.
Where we share your Personal Information with third party service providers, they will be contractually bound to use the information only for the purposes of providing the services or performing the functions required by us and to store the information securely, for example, storing in non-human readable form to ensure the security of your information.
We may disclose personal information to overseas recipients, who are located in places such as, the United States of America, China, India and other countries or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to us (for example storing data via a cloud service, or where our customer relationship management system is hosted on servers located overseas, or where delivery address information for online orders or payment is managed via a third party located overseas).
We may also share personal information such as your Name and Email Address with other companies that are owned and managed within the same ABN under Termatrac Australia PTY LTD. By providing your email address to us, you acknowledge that you may receive marketing communication from other businesses we own, to provide you with knowledge of similar services or products we offer. You can opt-out at any time by using the Unsubscribe button at the bottom of all emails, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data quality and security.
We hold personal information in a number of ways, including in printed documents, electronic databases, and email contact lists. Printed documents may be held at Termatrac’s head office or archived in boxes and stored in secure offsite facilities. We take reasonable steps to:
- Ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete and (in the case of use and disclosure) relevant;
- Protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference, and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- Destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes permitted by the APPs.
You can help us keep your information up to date, by letting us know about changes to your details.
The steps we take to secure personal information include website protection measures, security restrictions on access to Termatrac’s computer systems, controlled access to Termatrac’s corporate premises, policies on document storage and security, personnel security and training and workplace policies. While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online: you disclose that information at your own risk. If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, you can contact Termatrac as set out in section 7. You can also help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
ii. Third party sites
- Access and correction.
Under the Privacy Act, individuals have a right to complete access to their records. You may ask us in writing to provide you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you. We will endeavour to process your request as soon as practicable. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests, to make sure that the personal information we hold is properly protected.
You can update your Personal Information anytime by accessing your account on the Site. If you wish for your Personal Information to be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will generally provide you with access to your personal information within 30 days, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. We will also generally provide access in the manner that you have requested (eg by providing photocopies or allowing a file to be viewed), provided it is reasonable and practicable for us to do so. We may, however, charge a fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you.
If you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful.
- Complaints or Questions
All complaints received by the Privacy Officer will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and tell you when we expect to provide our response.
You can find more information about privacy and the protection of your Personal Information on the website of the OAIC at https://www.oaic.gov.au/.
- Changes to this Policy